This smokey cauliflower and cheese soup recipe was sent into us by Healthy Mummy community member Karina Gorfin and it’s absolutely delicious!
It’s just 308 cals per serve and the perfect antidote to a cold rainy afternoon! Make a double batch for the freezer and enjoy when taking part in the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Enjoy our delicious and healthy cauliflower soup recipes!
Print RecipeSmokey Cauliflower and Cheese Soup Votes:
You: Rate this recipe!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large head cauliflower coursely chopped
- 4 cups low salt chicken stock
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (or more if you like it smokier)
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup low fat cheddar cheese shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
You: Rate this recipe!
- In a large pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until softened, about five minutes.
- Add cauliflower, smoked paprika and stock, season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until cauliflower is very tender about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Working in batches, puree the soup in a blender or use a stick blender instead.
- Return soup to the pot, stir in milk. Bring back to a simmer over medium heat. Add cheese and stir until cheese has melted (do not boil.)
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with additional cheese if desired.
Calories: 308 per serve, Kj: 1293 Protein: 33, Fibre: 8, Total Fat: 14, Carbs: 9.3, Sat Fat: 7.2, Total Sugar: 9.2, Free sugar: 0
Get more delicious soup recipes just like this on our 28 Day Challenge
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge gives you a meal plan, exercise routine and tips and advice to help you be the best version of yourself.
Do you find yourself victim to emotional eating? Take the stress out of putting so much emphasis on food and diet and try our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge which has been described by 100,000’s of mums as a lifestyle change!
With a weekly meal plan consisting of 3 main meals and 3 snacks – The Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help you stick to a healthy food plan and hit your weight goals.
You can find out more or join the 28 Day Challenge HERE. Because today is the best day to start your healthy lifestyle Join US!