Nothing says ‘Christmas’ more than a jar of homemade biscuits, festooned with a red ribbon.
Instead of the sugar laden shortbread that we usually associate with Christmas, this recipe puts a healthy spin on things, creating a delicious, melt-in-your mouth savoury biccie without all the extra calories.
Perfect for a Healthy Mummy Christmas, especially if you are following our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Print RecipeSavoury Christmas Shortbread Votes:
You: Rate this recipe!
- 1 cup wholemeal plain flour + 1 tbsp extra for flouring the kneading surface
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 100 g plain unsalted butter softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp rosemary leaves chopped
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
You: Rate this recipe!
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, Parmesan, rosemary and salt.
- Chop the slightly softened butter into cubes and add to the bowl, along with the egg.
- Using your hands combine all ingredients into a soft dough. Make sure you don’t over combine as this can make the biscuits tough.
- Scatter the extra tbsp of flour over a clean, dry chopping board or work surface.
- Remove the dough from the mixing bowl and knead, using your hands, for about a minute.
- Roll out the dough till it’s a couple of cm thick and using your biscuit cutter, start cutting out the biscuits (this dough should make around 30-35 individual biscuits).
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and slide each of the biscuits onto it, making sure they aren’t touching.
- Place the baking tray in the fridge for 25-30 minutes to allow the biscuits to firm up.
- Preheat the oven to 180C and when hot, take the baking tray out of the fridge and pop it into the oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, checking regularly as oven temps can vary and it doesn’t take much for the biscuits to burn.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before enjoying!
50 calories per biscuit
Want more easy treats and baking recipes like this? Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is packed with delicious ideas that can be enjoyed as part of a healthy lifestyle.
Want to access thousands of healthy snacks like this one?
Love the sound of this delicious recipe? Want access to thousands and thousands MORE healthy recipes just like it? Then be sure to check out our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a family-friendly, breastfeeding-safe program designed FOR MUMS to help them tackle their health and lose the baby weight.
Every week you are given a different meal plan to follow and each month we add 300+ NEW recipes to our Challenge Recipe Hub. That way, you’ll never get bored and stay on weight loss track while digging into healthy, yummy recipes.
Learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.