If you have not tried cronuts before you need to. We think will fast become a popular favourite with the whole family.
Simply described a cronut is a cross between a croissant and a doughnut. More than that, it’s composed of layers of flaky, buttery dough dipped in sugar, glazed with various toppings, and/or filled with pastry cream.
This yummy Cronuts recipe comes straight from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. Members have access to thousands of recipes, from noodles to burgers and everything in between.
Print RecipeQuick Cinnamon Cronuts Votes:
You: Rate this recipe!
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||14 minutes|
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (100 grams)
- 2 tsp cinnamon (2 grams)
- 3 sheets reduced-fat puff pastry, thawed (500 grams)
- 1 free-range eggs, beaten (50 grams)
- 1/2 cup caster sugar (110 grams)
- 1 tbsp almond milk, unsweetened (20 mls)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (2.5 mls)
You: Rate this recipe!
- Preheat the oven to 190C and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix the cinnamon and coconut sugar in a bowl.
- On a clean bench sprinkle 1 tablespoon of cinnamon sugar and place a sheet of pastry on top.
- Sprinkle another tablespoon of sugar on top and fold the pastry in half.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out into a rectangle about 30cm x 20cm.
- Lightly brush the top of the pastry with egg and sprinkle with another tablespoon of sugar.
- Fold in half again, and roll out again to the same size. Repeat this process once more.
- Then repeat with remaining 2 sheets of pastry.
- Cut donut shapes from the dough, including the centre hole. Each sheet should give 4 cronuts (12 total). Place the cronuts onto the baking tray and place the holes on one side.
- Bake for 15 minutes, ensuring they are not left in too long as they will become too hard.
- In a small bowl mix caster sugar, milk and vanilla and drizzle over the warm cronuts.
- Serve warm or store for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
195 calories per serve.
Tired of wondering what to cook?
Now you can easily meal plan with our personalised plans & over 6,000 family & budget friendly recipes catering to a wide range of dietary requirements.
The Healthy Mummy is a holistic program to nourish your body with nutritious food and help you stay active in your busy, everyday life. Yours and your families well being should be a priority so let us take the hassle out of it.
Unlock the key to sustainable life changes that will leave you feeling your absolute best.