A delicious, and HEALTHY version of the cinnamon scroll recipe you often see at the bakery.
At just 67 calories each, these scrolls are great to use in conjunction with the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. This cinnamon scroll recipe has been sent in by one of our readers and makes 16 serves.
Why not whip up a batch to add to lunch boxes or as a sweet treat for morning tea?
Print Recipe Iced Cinnamon Scrolls Votes:
You: Rate this recipe!
- cooking oil spray
- 1 cup wholemeal self raising flour 120 grams
- 1 cup reduced-fat Greek natural yoghurt 130 grams
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar 100 grams
- 1 tsp cinnamon 4 grams
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil 20 mls
- 2 tbsp light cream cheese 40 grams
- 1 tbsp softened Butter 16 grams
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract 1.25 mls
You: Rate this recipe!
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line an oven tray with baking paper then spray paper lightly with cooking oil. Set tray aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/3 cup (70g) of the coconut sugar with the cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour and yoghurt with a spoon until a ball forms.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the yoghurt dough for 30 seconds. If dough is too sticky, add a little more flour and continue kneading.
- Use a rolling pin to roll dough out in a large rectangle about 30cm x 20cm.
- Brush melted coconut oil over the dough evenly, then sprinkle the pre-prepared cinnamon sugar over the top.
- Using your palm, press the sugar into the dough gently.
- Roll up the dough at the longest side so that you end up with a long dough roll.
- Using a sharp knife, cut dough into 16 pieces. Place pieces onto the lined baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden underneath.
- Whilst scrolls are baking, place remaining coconut sugar in a food processor and process until a fine powder forms, like icing sugar.
- Add cream cheese, softened butter and vanilla to the coconut icing sugar and blend until well combined.
- Remove scrolls from the oven and spread a teaspoon of the icing over each scroll while they are still warm.
- 1 scroll is 1 serve. Store remaining scrolls in an airtight container in the pantry for a couple of days or freeze individually to defrost when you want to serve another time.
67 calories per serve
Want more sweet treats and baking recipes like this? Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is packed with delicious ideas that can be enjoyed as part of a healthy lifestyle.
The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge has over 2,000 amazing healhty recipes to help you lose weight safely.
We have created our easy to follow Comfort Eating Weight Loss Plan to show you what an average week of healthy but hearty eating can look like. We have also created lots of additional comfort food recipes that you can incorporate into your weekly meal plan – all of which are very family-friendly too.
Check out more recipes in our Comfort Food eBook HERE.
Are You Ready To Become A Healthy Mummy?
If you’re looking for more easy, low-budget, healthy meals like this, you’ll love our Winter Weight Loss Challenge.
You’ll have access to 3,000 recipes, 28 days of customisable, breastfeeding-friendly meal plans each month as well as daily mum-friendly exercise plans.
Thousands of mums take part in our challenges every month and have lost 2 million kilos between them!
Prices start from less than a dollar a day. Learn More Now