This ghost banana recipe will have your kids choosing these over lollies and chocolate all Halloween! They won’t be able to resist with one look at the face of the bananas made from dates and dark choc chips.
What’s even better than your kids wanting a healthy snack is they’ll want to help make them!
This ghost bananas recipe was sent in by 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Libby Butler. We bet mums everywhere can’t wait to give these to their kids as a ‘healthy’ Halloween treat.
Print RecipeHealthy Kids BOOnanas Votes:
You: Rate this recipe!
- 2 medium bananas
- 4 lollipop/paddlepop/cakepop sticks
- 1/2 cup low fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 serve Healthy Kids Smoothie mix any flavour – I used banana
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 8 dark choc chips
- 1 pitted date
You: Rate this recipe!
- Prepare a small tray or flat container with baking paper.
- Peel bananas and cut in half, widthways.
- Insert sticks into bananas, lengthways.
- Place on tray, cover and freeze overnight, or at least 4 hours.
- Add Healthy Kids Smoothie mix to yoghurt and mix well.
- Using scissors, cut date lengthways into at least 4 disc shapes (these are the mouths).
- Remove bananas from freezer.
- One at a time, spoon yoghurt mix over the banana until covered, with a smooth surface.
- Sprinkle coconut over yoghurt.
- Make a ghost face with 2x Choc chips and a date disc mouth, and place gently on tray.
- Cover and freeze for another 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer and enjoy a ghoulish treat!
If you have any yoghurt left, spoon it into moulds/mini muffins, top with a couple of choc chips and freeze for a cold treat!
The Healthy Kids Smoothies have been specially made as a healthy snack for kids
Ideal if you have fussy eaters or want to ensure your children have a nutritious and healthy smoothie snack. It also has a 4.5 Health Star Rating when made with skim milk. It contains NO added sugars.
What do you need to know about The Healthy Kids Smoothie
- It is a nutritious snack made for kids
- It contains probiotics
- It contains 16 Vitamins and minerals
- It contains NO artificial colours, sweeteners, flavours, preservatives or MSG in the product
- It is rich in protein
- It contains NO added sugar
- It contains 16 Vitamins and minerals – when combined with milk
Get your Healthy Kids smoothie here!