Following the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge over summer doesn’t have to mean boring or bland food, and this delicious salad proves it!
With a great combination of textures, colours and flavours it’s sure to entice the whole family.
This is a great option for your Christmas table thanks to the red and green colours of this salad. For more festive recipes, be sure to check out the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge recipe hub.
Print RecipeFestive Cranberry Waldorf Salad Votes:
You: Rate this recipe!
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 small red apples thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery about 1 stalk
- 1 cos lettuce core removed
- 1/2 cup feta crumbled
You: Rate this recipe!
- Combine the yoghurt and the lemon juice in a salad bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add apples, cranberries, walnuts, lettuce and celery, and mix well into the dressing. Sprinkle with feta to serve.
- The salad tastes best if it has been refrigerated up to 2 hours before serving.
Recipe serves 4 at 155 calories per serve
The traditional Waldorf Salad was created in the 1890s by the maître d’ at the Waldorf Hotel in New York City. This version features a lighter dressing, plus the addition of healthy cranberries to give it a festive touch.
You could also add fresh mango or some grapes if you have some on hand and like the sweetness.
This recipe calls for dried cranberries. However, if you can find them, frozen cranberries are available in some supermarkets and have about 4x fewer calories than their dried cousins.
Want more healthy options this Christmas? Grab our Festive Cookbook!
The Festive Cookbook is an absolute must have this Christmas.
This eBook features everything from how to stay on track during the silly season to dos and don’ts on alcoholic beverages.
The book also features a range of healthy yet delicious recipes including Starters, Sides, Mains, Desserts, Smoothies, Leftovers and Cocktails. Grab yours here.
However, if you are more interested in accessing thousands of budget-friendly healthy recipes, a weekly meal plan in conjunction with daily exercise programs and workout videos then our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge may be for you.
Learn more about the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Want more recipes? Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.