Mum Sarah Cryer has shown yet again, how getting organised and prepared by meal prepping saves MONEY, TIME and can help SMASH your health goals.
The Healthy Mummy and mum of three recently made a whopping 282 serves of healthy family meals and snacks from the Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge Meal plans for just under 80c per serve!
Prepared to be amazed by what she prepped in just 6 hours!
Sarah Cryer has been following the Healthy Mummy and the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges for almost three years. During that time she’s lost over 8 kilos and is now more focused on her Non-Scale victories rather than the scales.
Sarah shares, ‘Over the last two and a half years, I have switched my focus from losing weight to being fit and healthy. I am now living a life as a Healthy Mummy rather than being someone who strives to be skinny!”
“We are now a healthier family and I am confident I am giving my children healthy habits when it comes to making healthy choices.”
Sarah’s Amazing Meal Prep
Meal Prepping has become a regular part of Sarah’s life, helping her stay on track with her healthy lifestyle. She makes meals that she knows the whole family loves and uses the Healthy Mummy App as a tool to plan.
She says “The app is fabulous for meal planning; the shopping list is automatic once you have planned your meals”
“Today’s prep session cost me $220+ some store cupboard ingredients that I already had in! I like to buy in bulk which helps save me money in the long run.”
“This Meal prep from start to finish (minus cleaning up time) took just under 6 hours, I did prep and set the slow cooker porcupine meatballs going overnight so that I had the slow cooker free for use during my day prep.”
“Here’s what I made 282 serves at 80c per serve”
- 18 x Chewy Coconut & Oat Cereal Bars
- 16 x Peanut Butter Granola (app recipe)
- 14 x Breakfast Biscuits (app recipe)
- 10 x Strawberry Oatmeal Breakfast Bars (app recipe)
- 6 x Peanut Butter Overnight Oats (app recipe)
Main Meals (to have as dinner then warm up for lunch the following day):
- 16 x Baked Chicken Spaghetti
- 15 x Sticky Chicken & Rice
- 12 x Chicken Enchiladas
- 12 x Zucchini & Bacon Slice
- 10 x Beef Stroganoff
- 10 x Devilled Sausage
- 10 x Shepherds Pie (app recipe)
- 8 x Beef Rendang (app recipe)
- 8 x Porcupine Meatballs
- 8 x Chicken Curry Potato Bake
- 6 x Kentucky Baked Chicken (app recipe)
- 3 x GF Chicken Enchiladas
“I will add fresh veggies when we plan to eat these meals”
- 36 x Weetbix Slice
- 24 x Salted Caramel Choc Tops (app recipe)
- 18 x Raspberry Coconut Slice
- 16 x Beetroot brownies (app recipe)
- 12 x Coconut Chocolate Brownies
- 4 x Chunky Beetroot Spread (app recipe)
Sarah’s Top Meal Prep Tips
- Plan your meals using seasonal ingredients – they are cheaper and will save you money!
- Shop your store cupboard – you’ll be amazed at how much money you will save and it will stop those ingredients going past their sell-by date.
- Try and double up on your ingredients, beetroot in today’s prep made 2 delicious snacks – the beetroot brownies and chunky beetroot spread.
- Use as many different cooking appliances as you can this way you can get multiple meals going at once.
- Don’t forget to label the meals you have prepped!
Sarah’s Top 3 Tips to save Time
- Do all the chopping, cutting and labelling before you start with the cooking you’ll be amazed at how much time this will save you!
- Get the kids to help out with ages appropriate tasks, they’ll enjoy it and you’re also teaching them a life skill!
- Make sure you have the space to store your prepped meals!
“The Healthy Mummy app is a brilliant tool to help keep you on track!”
There’s no doubt that The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge has been an instrumental tool in helping Sarah not only plan, prep and organise her families meals, but also ensure she’s ticking all her health boxes.
She says “The 28 Day Challenge app is my go to when it comes to needing recipes, working out and tracking my day. It has to be the most used app on my phone!”
“I have the Healthy Mummy Smoothies at least once a day; generally once as a meal replacement and if I have a second one its generally as a snack! I love the convenience of them, not only do they stop me from meal skipping they taste amazing.”
Sarah also credits the Healthy Mummy Community for being a great motivation and inspiration to succeed.
“The Healthy Mummy Support Group has helped me stay on track, the supportive nature means there is always someone there to help out whenever you need it!”
Well done Sarah on your incredible meal prep!
Keen to meal prep like Sarah? Check out 3 Mums Share their 30 TOP TIPS on how to Meal Prep!
Are you ready to kick-start your weight loss?
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
PLUS – connect with THOUSANDS of other mums on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge by joining our free support community here