As part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge we know you want to be able to make delicious desserts to share with family and friends.
That’s why the December Challenge includes this FANTASTIC recipe for a Choc Hazelnut Freezer Pie. It serves 20 so it’s ideal to share, and you can serve it straight from the freezer.
Akasha Macey made it and shared this snap on our Healthy Mummy Food Lovers Facebook Page.
She says, ‘It was really nice, decadent and delish. One slice is enough to cure the chocolate cravings!’
Print RecipeChoc Hazelnut Freezer Pie Votes:
You: Rate this recipe!
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 8 dried dates pitted
- 2 avocadoes mashed
- 1/3 cup cacao/cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp Natvia
You: Rate this recipe!
- Make base by combining 1/2 a cup of hazelnuts, with the sunflower seeds and dates in a blender and mix until well combined. Press into the bottom of a lined spring form tin and place into the freezer.
- In a food processor, grind a 1/4 cup of the hazelnuts into a fine meal.
- Make filling by placing the avocado, 3 tablespoons of the cacao/cocoa powder, maple syrup, a pinch of salt and the hazelnut meal in a blender and mix until smooth. Pour on top of base, spread over with a knife to smooth and return to the freezer.
- Make the final layer by combining coconut oil, Natvia and remaining cacao/cocoa powder in a saucepan over a low heat, mix until melted and combined.
- Remove pie from the freezer and pour over the final layer. Chop the remaining 1/4 cup of hazelnuts and sprinkle over the top of the pie. Return to the freezer for 2 hours.
- Serve frozen. Slice into 20 slices, one slice is one serve.
161 calories per serve
Put this on your to-do list over the holidays, you won’t be disappointed! Want more Christmas recipes?
We have STACKS of Christmas recipes on our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge Hub, or check out The Healthy Mummy’s Christmas and Entertaining Cookbook for more ideas.
The Healthy Mummy’s 2017 Christmas and Entertaining Cookbook is NOW AVAILABLE!
This cookbook contains over 150 recipes, is filled with healthy, easy-to-prepare recipes to get you through the party season and have you still feeling fabulous on the other side.
Plus it is loaded with some awesome advice on what to do with all the left overs!
Grab your copy of The Healthy Mummy Christmas & Entertaining Cookbook.