Looking for a quick and delicious dinner idea? Look no further than this mouthwatering chicken fried rice recipe. Packed with flavor and loaded with nutritious ingredients, it’s the perfect meal to satisfy your cravings while still keeping things healthy. Whether you’re cooking for the family or just looking to whip up a satisfying meal for yourself, this recipe from The Healthy Mummy is sure to become a favourite.
Get ready to indulge in a bowl of aromatic, perfectly seasoned chicken fried rice recipe that will leave you feeling satisfied and nourished. Let’s get cooking!
Print RecipeHealthy Chicken and Pineapple Fried Rice Votes:
You: Rate this recipe!
- 200g chicken breast or use leftover chicken
- 2 cups basmati rice uncooked, or use leftover rice
- 2 cups pea, carrots and corn frozen vegetables
- 1 cup crushed pineapple + 2 tbsp pineapple juice
- 3 eggs beaten
- 2 tbsp kecap manis sweet soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp chilli powder optional
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- Spring onion to garnish
You: Rate this recipe!
- Cook the rice according to packet directions and set aside (or use leftover rice). Cook the chicken in a frying pan with a little olive oil, then set aside to cool (or use leftover cooked chicken).
- In a non stick fry pan on a medium heat, pour in the beaten egg and spread all over the pan. Cook for a few minutes on each side like an omelette. Remove from the pan and roughly chop
- In the same pan add the sesame oil, then add the rice and the pea, carrot and corn mix, cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Chop up the chicken. Once the rice and vegetable mix are heated through add the chicken, egg and crushed pineapple.
- In a bowl mix the kecap manis, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, ginger, garlic, pineapple juice and chilli powder. Once mixed well pour over the fried rice and mix well. Cook for a further 4-5 minutes.
- When finished top with spring onions.
Serves 5 people at 317 calories per serve
Tired of wondering what to cook?
Now you can easily meal plan with our personalised plans & over 6,000 family & budget friendly recipes catering to a wide range of dietary requirements.
The Healthy Mummy is a holistic program to nourish your body with nutritious food and help you stay active in your busy, everyday life. Yours and your families well being should be a priority so let us take the hassle out of it.
Unlock the key to sustainable life changes that will leave you feeling your absolute best.