Just when you thought the two ingredient pizza dough was already amazing (for pizzas, homemade naan and even ice cream sandwiches!), along comes this recipe.
Melissa Baker has shared her creation and we think these cream cheese stuffed bagel bites look FANTASTIC!
That cheesy centre has caused QUITE a stir, with everyone at Healthy Mummy HQ planning to make these ASAP! Why not whip these up for your healthy snacks for the week?
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and access hundreds of healthy snack recipes. Think Lemon and Coconut Slice, Homemade Choc-Nut Brittle, and even Berry Trifle.
Print RecipeCream cheese stuffed bagel bites Votes:
You: Rate this recipe!
- 1 cup wholemeal plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt use less if using table salt
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 block cream cheese cubed into 8 pieces
- 1 egg white beaten (a whole egg works fine too)
- sesame seeds (or other seasonings, to decorate)
You: Rate this recipe!
- Preheat oven to 190C. Line a tray with baking paper, and spray the paper with oil to avoid sticking.
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk well.
- Add the yoghurt and mix with a fork or spatula until well combined.
- Lightly dust some extra flour on a work surface and remove dough from the bowl, knead the dough a few times until dough is tacky.
- Divide dough into 8 equal balls.
- Flatten each ball into a circle, then place 1 cube of cream cheese on each. Roll up to cover the cheese with the dough and roll into a ball. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Top with egg wash and sprinkle with seasoning of your choice. You could try bagel seasoning, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried garlic flakes, or dried onion flakes.
- Bake on the top rack of the oven for 25 minutes. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before eating.
175 calories per bagel bite
Want more recipes? Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.