Whether you are pregnant for the first time or have other children, you want easy-to-prepare recipes so that following a healthy pregnancy eating plan is simple and you can make dinner for the whole family without having to prepare separate meals.
Healthy Beef Stroganoff Recipe
This is a healthy Beef Stroganoff recipe that’s perfect for dinner during pregnancy and ideal for the whole family. The lean beef will give you iron, a nutrient important for a healthy pregnancy.
Thanks to Nikki Boswell, Nutritionist for this healthy beef stroganoff recipe.
Print RecipeHealthy Beef StroganoffOur healthy beef stroganoff recipe is perfect for busy weeknights and will keep you feeling full and satisfied. Votes:
You: Rate this recipe!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 500g beef rump cut into thin strips
- 1 large Onion
- 500g small mushrooms sliced
- 2/3 cup cup water
- 1 teaspoon beef stock (salt reduced)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste (no added salt)
- 300ml Greek yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce optional
You: Rate this recipe!
- Over a medium-high heat, spray a large fry pan lightly with oil. Add beef strips to the pan and cook until medium rare. Remove beef from pan and set aside on a clean plate.
- Reduce heat and add diced onion and sliced mushrooms to the pan and sauté until tender. Add water, stock and tomato paste. Return beef to the pan and stir through.
- Combine lemon juice with Greek yoghurt and add to the pan. Allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes until well combined. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve with a selection of steamed vegetables and mashed potato.
250 calories per serve.
What is stroganoff?
Stroganoff usually consists of a dish with cream gravy made with beef broth and some type of cream, like sour cream or in this case Greek yoghurt.
It’s a Russian dish that became popular in the 19th century and is named after the Stroganov family.
What other meats can I use instead of beef in stroganoff?
You don’t have to use beef; you could try lamb or even chicken for stroganoff if you prefer.
What can I serve my stroganoff with?
If you don’t fancy mash with your stroganoff, you can try noodles, rice, roasted potatoes, garlic bread, sweet potato, roasted veggies or even salad.
Beef meals that are under 30 minutes
Some nights you just need something quick and easy for dinner, and these beef recipes are ideal.
Check out these easy beef recipes that can be prepared in 30 minutes of less!
Thanks to the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, thousands of mums have access to recipes like these for their family meals.